Friday, May 23, 2008

Gemstone Therapy

Today Kate (one of my best friend's from high school) and I went to lunch to belatedly celebrate both of our birthdays. One thing that is so easy for others but so hard for me with my anxiety is going out with ANYONE, even friends that I have known for a very long time. Today was a real triumph because we had made these plans earlier in the week and I did not agonize about them. I just did it, and it was fun as always!


This was also a great time because I got to give her the gift I made back in April. It is what is called jeans jewelry, and I made it because she has polycystic ovaries and hormone problems which cause her quite a bit of pain. I chose certain gemstones that are supposed to ease problems of this nature: Tourmaline for empowering the feminine and to ease cramps, rhodochrosite for reproductive health, smokey quartz for alleviating cramps, blue lace agate for stress, moonstone for internal hormone balance, and crystal quartz to amplify the other stones. All of these stones are made from Gems to Jewels components.




We also got to finish her ankle bracelet she and her little brother started in March at one of my workshops. It is made with labradorite and sleeping beauty turquoise, and what a gorgeous combination that is! We also weaved the beads letting them be free to move. This picture definitely does not show the beauty of this piece. The turquoise is so much brighter and the labradorite so much sparklier.




No comments: