Thursday, May 22, 2008

Swap dolls

I have started on both my pastel icicle doll and goddess doll for my summer swaps on swap-bot. The icicle doll is turning out amazing, better than most of the pictures of them I have seen on the internet. I have her body sewn and stuffed as well as her face and hair attached. I went and bought some new seed beads to finish embellishing her with, but none of the needles that I have are small enough for them to fit through, so I have to go and get some beading needles.

For as great as the icicle doll is working out, the opposite is true for the goddess doll. I started on her after I bought some beautiful czech glass beads and realized I had felt to match them. I made a beautiful template for her body, but it is quite thin and was really hard to turn right side out. I was a little upset at my husband last night when working on her, and nothing was going right. The inside stitches are showing through, I didn't stitch enough on the inside so she was really hard to close, and I messed up on her hair big time. She looks like she has bald spots! I am not ready to give up on this one (which is something I do quite often) though because I used up my beautiful felt for her, and the colors are just too pretty. I guess this doll will teach me to stop being so impatient with my art because sometimes it doesn't always start out well. I also learned that these dolls need to be worked on with love in your heart, not when you are angry!

I'll post pictures later after the swaps are received.

No comments: