Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Workshop

Last week I worked on getting my business in the paper, and for once it worked out. I was able to get my business in the new business column of my local paper. It felt like a real triumph for me since I was able to work up the nerve to contact the necessary people and did a good phone interview. Here is a link to the story. My business is the third one in the column.

I also had a workshop today with Michelle, a friend from my astronomy class. Her mother, sister, and grandma were there, and we had a lot of fun chatting and making beautiful jewelry. I was especially excited because Michelle bought the bracelet that I made a while ago. I really loved this bracelet, but I think she will get more use out of it.

She also made a matching necklace and earrings. I didn't have much of the hessonite garnet left(the small orange-brown ovals) so she had to use some slightly different stones, but I think it turned out amazing. I LOVE that fire agate pendant!Michelle's mom made this lovely necklace with an amethyst drop. Sorry, the picture is quite crappy, so it doesn't look nearly as beautiful as it did in person.And finally, Michelle's sister made this adorable necklace for her 2-year-old daughter. She also booked a workshop in July. I'm ecstatic.Michelle kept saying how much fun she had; I think I spread the beading fever!

2 comments:

LittleRed said...

Your jewelry is great! I like your choices of colour. Very nice:)

Gecko said...

Beautiful jewellery, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your blog. =)